Project management has undergone significant changes since the previous edition of this book. So, along with updates reflecting the PMBOK Guide, 5th edition, this Seventh Edition of Effective Project Management addresses some fundamental changes in the nature of a project. You will learn an approach to project management that recognizes the project environment and adapts accordingly. Rather than one-size-fits-all solutions, you will learn to think, review, analyze, and select the project management approach best suited to each individual project.
This book remains an effective text for trainers and educators as well as a practical how-to guide for project managers. Discover:
- An in-depth understanding of the PMBOK process groups
- How to scope, plan, launch, monitor, control, and close a TPM project
- Techniques for dealing with the complex and uncertain PM landscape
- A comparison of Linear, Incremental, Iterative, Adaptive, and Extreme PMLC models
- Prevention and intervention strategies for distressed projects
- Advice on organizing multiple team projects and managing a continuous process improvement program
- Ways to establish an enterprise project portfolio management process
- How to create a practical, project-based model of an enterprise
Effective Project Management: Traditional, Agile, Extreme
Author: Robert K. Wysocki
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.